Welcome to The Copy Devil
Andrew Hinkinson has over two decades of copywriting and editorial experience, working across a range of media – websites, newspapers, magazine and book publishing – as a community and content manager, editor and journalist. He has an MA in Creative Writing from Manchester Metropolitan University and is the author of a bestselling non-fiction title, Chickens As Pets.
Andrew provides copywriting, ebook conversion and editing help to individuals looking to self-publish and businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Chickens As Pets is published by Spellbinding Media and available in large format glossy paperback and as an ebook for all e-reading devices. An interactive edition for iPads, iPhones and Macs is also available via Apple iTunes and the iBookstore.
The Chickens As Pets brand encompasses the book and online communities with over 9,000 active participants. There is a merchandise shop, blog and more title-specific material on the book’s own website.
Andrew has an Author Page on Facebook and an Author’s Blog.
Click here for more information on Pet Portraits for Everyone.
Andrew has over two decades of B2C and B2B copywriting, authorial and editing experience, across a range of media.
Andrew provides copywriting, ebook conversions and editing help to individuals and businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Andrew can help with ebook creation in all formats, providing one-to-one author assistance with everything from proofing and editing through to cover creation, EPUB standards compliance, font selection and uploading to digital retailers such as Amazon, Apple, Kobo and more.
Advice for authors is also available, on how to approach the running of their social media accounts; how to conduct themselves publicly online; how to manage promotional activity; how to engage authentically with prospective readers; how to cope with and turn to your advantage any negatives, such as bad publicity and trolls.
Andrew is the author of a bestselling non-fiction book, Chickens As Pets, published by Spellbinding Media. Its website can be found at http://chickensaspets.uk.com. Andrew undertakes promotional activity around the title, including giving talks and appearing on local and national radio and TV.
Andrew’s skills include:
• Social Media – Extensive multi-platform experience including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus. Developing engaging content and news stories for customers, businesses and internal stakeholders. Extending brand personalities online, building and nurturing relationships with user communities through insight and interaction. Consulting work on how to incorporate Web 2.0 functionalities into business operations to generate interest, add value, create new revenue opportunities and secure customer loyalty.
• Content Management – Responsible for content across customer-facing websites including http://jctbuilding.co.uk, http://www.daisygroupplc.com, http://cardprocessing.co.uk, http://meetupcall.com. Services range from site development and content creation/sourcing to ongoing nurture contracts to ensure optimal SEO copy, registration with relevant web directories, consultation and advice on how to use new content to maintain and build an online presence.
• User experience – Responsible for maximisation of digital engagement; facilitate creative workshops focusing on client experience. Identifying target demographic using the right tone and language to attract and retain specific audiences while ensuring the customer journey is always coherent, transparent, flexible, confidence-inspiring and technologically robust across a variety of mobile and static operating systems, apps and browsers.
• SEO, Analytics and Insight – Writing authentic, believable copy that incorporates relevant and popular keyword terms. Use of Google Analytics to ascertain and improve upon what is being read, how many visitors are reading it, time spent on the page, jumping in points, conversion rates. Use of Google Adwords to ensure the most searched-for words and phrases during any given time period are deployed.
• Print and E-Marketing – Use of MailChimp and other distribution systems to produce marketing emails, flyers, brochures, policy documents and press releases. Co-branded promotional pages and activities with other companies where there are shared benefits. Generating positive brand awareness through support and sponsorship of charity fundraisers with news stories, interviews and calls to action whereby charities secure generous bulk discounts on products in return for brand recognition in their own materials. Traditional marketing tie-ins such as festival appearances and newspaper features with awareness of these promoted through digital channels as well.
• Digital Marketing – Provide input into the development of digital strategy, responsible for traffic generation; cross-channel integration/channel management; significant rise in referrals from search, social media and partner networks.
• Clients include – Spellbinding Media, The Entrepreneur Channel, JCT Building and Construction, Daisy plc, meetupcall.com, cardprocessing.co.uk, Mojo (HK) Ltd.
• Technical Skills – MS Word, WordPress and other CMS packages, cross-platform dexterity (OSX and Windows), Photoshop, Quark, Pages, iBooks Author, iTunes Producer, able to put together digital books in iBooks, ePub and .mobi formats.
Digital artwork commissions are undertaken by Andrew for those wishing to commemorate and immortalise their animal companions, from cats and dogs through to chickens and horses. This work is showcased on http://petportraitsforeveryone.com.
Many of Andrew’s digital artworks can
be browsed and commissioned via
the Pet Portraits for Everyone page on Facebook.
For only £30UKP or $50USD, your favourite photo of a beloved animal companion can be turned into a beautiful portrait by Andrew Hinkinson. He uses a real brush (with magnetised carbon filaments in the hairs) on an iPad. The portrait above is of Cordelia, an ex-battery hen, and prints of this painting have been used to raise funds for the NI Battery Hen Rescue.
A traditional brush can no more paint on its own than an iPad can. It takes artistic talent and several hours to work on your painting. Andrew only ever focuses on one pet character study at a time.
There’s no postage or packing to pay, because your portrait is delivered by email. You get one copy for online sharing and wallpaper (a JPEG file) and a high-resolution copy (a PNG file) for sending to have printed to canvas, clothing, cups and many other items.
Want a portrait of your pet? Contact Andrew via the contact page on this site or the Facebook Pet Portraits For Everyone page, where you can browse a gallery of commissions and read testimonials from satisfied customers.
You’ve got two easy ways to get in touch for a free, no obligation quote. You can use the contact form below or just give me a call.
Office hours are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and the number is
If you’re outside the UK, just replace the first 0 with 44. I can help with British, US and International English copy and publishing ebooks in mobi, epub and iBooks formats the world over.